Monday, March 9, 2015

Son of Scary Monsters

  To start off the production of my film opening, I've written out a few poems about how the storyline will play out, from the perspectives of all of the different characters.

  Actually, I really want to use a specific song, called "Son of Scary Monsters" by Skrillex and Cliff Martinez. The song was composed for the film, "Spring Breakers," and I can honestly say that I love that film. I've seen that many people judge the movie, without having seen it. And the ones that have don't understand how brilliant the film actually is.

  The film is done so beautifully. The art direction, as well as the editing and the camerawork, is just phenomenal. I will always love that film, no matter how many people "hate" it, just because they don't understand what the movie is supposed to be about.

  Anyway, the song, "Son of Scary Monsters" is a two-minute instrumental piece included in the film, and it just really inspires me.

  It's slow, and very relaxing. It's extremely nostalgic for me. There aren't that many instrumental songs that I particularly love, but this one is just wonderful. Here's the link to listen to the song. I love it because it's emotional. I feel something while listening to it.

But that's just me. Give it a listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment